Getting an instant auto insurance quote simply requires some information about you and your car. Insurers have online resources that allow you to get quotes immediately. Many of the major providers have their own instant quote generators. However, you can optimize your search by instantly comparing multiple quotes from many insurers with QuoteWizard.
This article will cover:
- Getting an instant car insurance quote
- What information do you need for a car insurance quote?
- Possible holdups in getting an instant quote
How to get a quick auto insurance quote
There are two main ways to get auto insurance quotes. Speed is the biggest difference between the two:
Compare quotes with QuoteWizard: You take a few minutes to request a quote. We send it to several auto insurance companies that can quickly provide you with multiple quotes. It's the fastest way to find your best coverage at a good price.
Compare car insurance manually: You enter the same information on multiple insurance websites, which could take hours. Also, if you don't enter the same exact information every time, the quotes you get might not match up when comparing the same coverage.
Comparing quotes with QuoteWizard is the way to go if you want a fast quote. Getting an instant car insurance quote is quick and free, and here's how you do it:
Choose the car insurance you want
You'll need to at least get your state's required liability limits. After that, you'll want to look at additional coverages you may want, such as:
- Collision coverage: covers your damages after a crash.
- Comprehensive coverage: covers non-collision damages to your car.
- Uninsured/underinsured: takes care of your damages and medical bills after a crash involving a driver with no auto insurance or insufficient insurance limits. Some states require uninsured/underinsured coverage and have required minimums.
Choose your coverage limits
Make sure you get the correct limits of liability you need to fully protect your assets, not just the legal minimums. We recommend getting the following liability coverage limits:
- Bodily injury coverage per person: $100,000
- Bodily injury coverage per accident: $300,000
- Property damage coverage: $100,000
Raising your liability limits to these amounts can help protect you financially. How much car insurance you need varies from person to person, but it's generally a good idea to get more than the minimum amount. In most states, required liability limits are quite low, and a major crash can easily reach and go beyond your limits. Any personal property damage or medical bills beyond your liability limits will have to be paid out of your own pocket, so find limits that will give you peace of mind. Both collision and comprehensive coverage limits equal the actual cash value of your car.
Find a quote comparison site
Many car insurance providers make use of quote comparison sites. You make your quote request on a single site, it goes to many different auto insurers and then you have multiple quotes to compare. The more quotes you have to look at, the better your chances of finding your best coverage at the cheapest price.
Where's a good place to look for multiple auto insurance quotes quickly? You're already there! Use QuoteWizard to find many car insurance quotes to compare and get a policy the same day.
Get instant car insurance quotes
What do I need for an instant car insurance quote?
To get an instant auto insurance quote, you'll need the following information:
You'll need to enter some personal information for a quote. Collecting this information will probably take longer than getting your quote, but it's necessary in order to make sure the quote is accurate. It includes:
- ZIP code
- Marital status
- Credit score
- Your current auto insurance provider
- How long you've had car insurance
- Accident, ticket and DUI history
- The same information for anyone else added to the policy
Make sure that all your information is correct when you enter it. It's going to be on your official policy, and any error could lead to coverage rejection or other problems down the line. Getting the correct auto insurance you need is more important than how quickly you type everything in.
For the car or cars you're looking to get quotes for, have the following information on hand:
- Current mileage
- Year, make and model of car
- Car's date of purchase
- Name of the car's registered owner
Auto insurance policy information
Make the following decisions before you start looking for auto insurance quotes:
- Start date of your auto insurance policy
- Expiration date of your policy
- Desired coverage limits
Most auto insurance providers allow you to request a coverage start date anywhere from that day to 30 days away. If you're buying a new car, have your car insurance begin on the day you actually own the car. Auto insurance cannot be backdated to start before you buy the policy.
Why can't I get an instant auto insurance quote?
Getting a same-day auto insurance quote is typically a fairly easy process. Car insurance providers designed their tools to get you the quote you need quickly to beat out their competitors. However, there can be some instances where it can take more time. These include:
- Missing key information: If you've moved recently and your current address isn't able to be verified, you can expect some delays. Auto insurance companies verify your information before underwriting a policy, so any discrepancies can cause delays.
- Custom cars: custom and other high-end vehicles can take longer to quote. This is because the auto insurer needs to figure in the value of the work that's been done to the car, which isn't usually a quick process.
- Bad insurance history: If your auto insurance record shows a history of accidents or multiple claims, providers may be reluctant to offer a quote. This isn't to say that it's impossible for you to get auto insurance. It could just take a bit longer.
If you find out the reason for the delay, do what you can to help rectify the situation. If this can't be done, look at another quote.
QuoteWizard.com LLC has made every effort to ensure that the information on this site is correct, but we cannot guarantee that it is free of inaccuracies, errors, or omissions. All content and services provided on or through this site are provided "as is" and "as available" for use. QuoteWizard.com LLC makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this site or to the information, content, materials, or products included on this site. You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk.