Senior Business Intelligence Developer
QuoteWizard is a successful and dynamic insurance lead-generation agency based in Seattle. We’ve been ranked by INC 500 as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the nation and listed by the Puget Sound Business Journal as a top-10 company to work for in Seattle.
QuoteWizard trades in both web traffic, i.e. clicks, and insurance leads. We have several large corporate clients as well as thousands of independent agents across the country that we serve. Central to our business operations is a set of web-based applications, business layer software, and backend servers that run our core business.
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for the end-to-end development of Business Intelligence solutions including requirements gathering, logical and physical design, data modeling, ETL development, SQL development, unit testing, deployment, report creation, and dashboard creation utilizing Power BI.
- Work with business users to understand reporting and analytic requirements.
- Translate business requirements into BI dashboard, analytic and report specifications.
- Design and develop enterprise and departmental business intelligence, data warehousing and reporting solutions.
- Design database schemas utilizing Visio and SqlDBM.
- Develop and implement ETL processes, reports and queries in support of business analytics.
- Develop and implement interactive analytic reports and dashboards utilizing Power BI.
- Compile ad-hoc data and report requests.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle.
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems.
- Develop and update technical documentation.
- Support month end and other key business processes.
- Support and backup other IT and operational services as needed and other duties as assigned.
Education: College degree (B.A., B.S., or advanced degree) in information technology, computer science, another relevant field or demonstrated work experience equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with relational databases
- Minimum 7 years of experience with SQL (Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL preferred)
- Minimum 7 years of overall BI design and development experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Extraction, Transformation and Loading (Microsoft SSIS preferred)
- Minimum 4 years of experience with Data Warehouse / Solution Design
- Minimum 4 years of experience with Dimensional Modeling
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Report Development (SSRS, Power BI, Tableau)
- Previous experience with Azure Cloud Services including SQL PaaS, IaaS, and Azure SQL DW
- Previous experience working with Analytics & OLAP Cube Development (Microsoft SSAS preferred)
- Previous experience working with Database Administration
- Previous experience working with SharePoint
- Strong organizational and technical skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and rapidly changing priorities. Must be able to set priorities that are consistent with “the big picture”.
- Must be able to work on concurrent high priority projects.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well and interact with others.
- Critical thinking skills. Problems are complex sometimes requiring a different approach, imagination and judgment. Conceptual analysis is required to understand and define the problem and determine information needed to resolve the problem.
- Effective communication methods to elicit information, negotiate, resolve problems and garner support plus the ability to resolve conflicts productively.
- Must be able to communicate with others in a “non-technical” manner, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to separate problems into components and recognize underlying patterns and processes.
- Industry knowledge of best practices.
Job Type: Full-time
Our corporate office is located in downtown Seattle, in the heart of Pioneer Square. We also have Denver and Sacramento offices that this position can work from. Casual attire, happy hours, and a balanced work-life environment are the norm. We offer competitive base salary, excellent benefits, and extraordinary opportunities for professional growth.
To Apply, Please Send Us Your Resume
Paid Search Specialist
QuoteWizard is a successful and dynamic insurance lead-generation agency based in Seattle. We’ve been ranked by the INC 500 as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the nation and listed by the Puget Sound Business Journal as a top company in Seattle.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, resourceful, and goal-oriented person for the full-time position of Paid Search Specialist. Candidate should have a proven track record with Performance-oriented Google paid search buying. Candidate must also have the ability to handle multiple projects at one time, be collaborate in a team environment, and be able to think outside the box in coming up with new revenue impacting ideas.
- Use your experience to analyze & grow conversion rates, monetization, and paid search profits.
- Recommend innovative and new ideas.
- 4-year Bachelor's Degree.
- 2+ years of digital media buying experience.
- Paid search experience in Google/Bing/Yahoo.
- Very strong Microsoft Office and Internet skills. (SQL a plus but not required).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently/efficiently and to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Our office is located in downtown Seattle, in the heart of Pioneer Square. We cultivate a comfortable work environment, with plenty of onsite amenities (gym, locker room, lunch area, snacks, TVs, casual attire, ping pong, etc.). Come join a diverse and growing workforce of over 150 smart, driven people.
To Apply, Please Send Us Your Resume