Top Ten Highest Fuel Economy and MPG Ratings for 2011 Cars Which ten 2011 cars rank the highest for miles per gallon? A list of 2011 cars with the best fuel economy ratings.
fueleconomy.gov, the official US government source for vehicle fuel economy information, has released its list of the top ten most fuel-efficient 2011 vehicles. The ranking is based on 45% highway driving and 55% city driving. Adjustments are made for vehicles that require diesel, premium, or mid-grade fuel.
Nine of the ten vehicles on the 2011 list have hybrid engines, compared to five out of ten just a year ago; a clear sign that hybrid technology is maturing and gaining acceptance.
- 2011 Toyota Prius Hybrid: 51 City, 48 Highway
- 2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid (rebadged as Mercury Milan & Lincoln MKZ): 41 City, 36 Highway
- 2011 Honda Civic Hybrid & Insight Hybrid: 40 City, 43 Highway
- 2011 Honda CR-Z Hybrid (Automatic): 35 City, 39 Highway
- 2011 Lexus HS 250h Hybrid: 35 City, 34 Highway
- 2011 Ford Escape Hybrid FWD (rebadged as Mazda Tribute & Mercury Mariner): 34 City, 31 Highway
- 2011 smart fortwo cabriolet/coupe : 33 City, 41 Highway
- 2011 Nissan Altima Hybrid: 33 City, 33 Highway
- 2011 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid: 32 City, 28 Highway
- 2011 Honda CR-Z Hybrid (Manual): 31 City, 37 Highway