Top Ten Highest Fuel Economy and MPG Ratings for 2010 Cars Which ten 2010 cars rank the highest for miles per gallon? A list of 2010 cars with the best fuel economy ratings.
According to fueleconomy.gov, the top ten 2010 vehicles for fuel economy (miles per gallon or MPG) are listed below. The ranking is based on 45% highway driving and 55% city driving. Adjustments are made for vehicles that require diesel, premium, or mid-grade fuel.
What does it take to top the list? The top four vehicles are hybrid gas/electric platforms. Three of the top ten are diesel models. Only two vehicles (the ninth and tenth ranked), use traditional gasoline engines.
- 2010 Toyota Prius Hybrid: 51 City, 48 Highway
- 2010 Honda Insight Hybrid: 40 City, 43 Highway
- 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid: 41 City, 36 Highway
- 2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid: 41 City, 36 Highway
- 2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI (Diesel): 30 City, 42 Highway
- 2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI (Diesel): 30 City, 42 Highway
- 2010 Audi A3 (Diesel): 30 City, 42 Highway
- 2010 Lexus HS 250h Hybrid: 35 City, 34 Highway
- 2010 Toyota Yaris: 29 City, 36 Highway
- 2010 Honda Fit: 28 City, 35 Highway
What does it mean? Consumers are demanding more efficient vehicles and carmakers are delivering. Expect more hybrids and diesels in manufacturers 2011 lines.